Do you worry that your wish to have a family is going to go unattended? Have you tried other forms of medications and gone through numerous blood tests, with no hope because affording a proper treatment is just very difficult? You are not alone in these battles; there are millions of people struggling with similar issues worldwide. However, the good news is that with affordable IVF plans, you can get financing aid to help you wade through the tough times.
First things first: what is IVF?
IVF or In Virto Fertilization is a medical procedure that helps fertilize the egg outside the human body, in a test-tube. After three to five days, the doctor re-implants the fertilized embryos into the uterus. Obtaining the follicles of the ovaries requires a minor surgical procedure. It is a beneficial fertility treatment.
Is IVF For You?
Patients with the following infertility problems can use IVF:
- Ovulation disorder
- Uterine fibroid
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tubes
- Ovarian failure
- Men with infertility
- Men with decreased sperm counts
- Men with sperm motility
- Unexplained infertility
According to statistics, IVF in younger women has a higher chance of success. In older women, there are fewer eggs with good quality, which reduces the chances of a successful IVF procedure. In older women, chances of success are 40%.
Is Considering IVF Safe?
Like every other treatment, some side effects might affect patients, but not always. Yes, generally it is safe. Some known side effects include:
- Mild cramping
- Passing small fluid (sometimes with a tinge of blood) after the procedure
- Breast tenderness
- Mild bloating
Some risks associated with IVF procedure include:
- Egg retrieval may damage the bladder or bowels, cause infections and bleed
- Higher chances of multiple pregnancies due to the use of fertility treatment
- Same risk of miscarriage as it is in unassisted pregnancies
- Higher risk of ectopic pregnancy (fertilized egg implantation outside the uterus)
- Psychological stress and emotional distress in the couple if IVF is unsuccessful
Some dangerous side symptoms that may require immediate medical attention include the following:
- Pelvic pain
- High fever above 38C or 100.5F
- Blood in the urine
- Heavy Vaginal bleeding
- Side Effects of Fertility Medications
You will have to take medicines during the IVF procedure. These medicines might have the following effects on some patients, not all:
- Mood swings
- Hot flashes
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain
- OHSS (Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome) which is rare
Affordable IVF Plans Coverage
Every IVF Carrier has a different coverage and varying plans. You have to find one that offers coverage which is friendly to your pocket without compromising on the quality of service. Almost 90% of major insurance companies cover the diagnostic tests to determine the level of infertility. Some companies may also support affording the donor.
Covered Diagnostic Tests
Usually, affordable IVF plans cover the following tests:
- Semen Analysis
- Initial Blood Work
- Initial Ultrasound
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
Before you consider subscribing to affordable IVF plans, evaluate the covered benefits and understand the policies of the Carrier properly. Contact the insurance company directly and ask questions that will help you clarify doubts.